Road transport: ADR Code (EU Agreement) and 49 CFR (US DOT)
Transport by road has a more regional nature in Europe and comes under the auspices of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UNECE).
UNECE issues the ADR, short for the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road.
These codes regulate the carriage of dangerous goods in packages and/or cargo transport units (freight or tank containers/vehicles) in more than forty, mostly European, countries.
In this section
- GHS of classification and labeling
- The OECD chemicals safety program
- Chemical management programs
- VOC regulations
- UN Dangerous Goods Transport Recommendations
International transport regulations
- Air transport: the international IATA Code
- Sea transport in packaged form: the international IMDG Code
- Sea transport for goods in bulk: MARPOL and IBC Code
- Inland waterways transport: ADN Code (EU Agreement) and 49 CFR (US DOT)
- Road transport: ADR Code (EU Agreement) and 49 CFR (US DOT)
- Rail transport: RID
- Transport regulations in Europe
- Transport in North America
- Transport in Asia Pacific
- Food contact regulations
- Other regulations
- Safety data sheets